Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor Review
|Product Name:||Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS|
The Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS sport watch with heart rate monitor provides you with GPS-enabled training.It can track your distance, your pace and your heart rate as you train on the track. If you would like to have the data gained for later analysis, no problem – the Garmin Forerunner 405CX can send all the data you need wirelessly to your PC, and you don’t have to stop training for that to happen either.
The Garmin Forerunner 405CX is worn on the wrist, and it looks and feels very similar to a wrist watch. Not only can you record data about your training schedule, but you can pace or race yourself against Forerunner’s Virtual Partner. In this way you can increase your performance standard easily, and have fun doing it too. You can even share workouts wirelessly with friends who also have a Garmin Forerunner 405CX and compete against their recorded course.
Forerunner’s Virtual Partner Helps Improve Your Performance
You never need be alone with your Garmin Forerunner 405CX as it has its own Forerunner’s Virtual Partner. You can race against the virtual partner, or just keep pace with it. It’s a lot like having your own personal coach right there beside you, keeping you on your toes and pushing you that little bit farther in order to improve your performance.
Let Your Garmin Forerunner 405CX Count the Calories
The Garmin Forerunner 405CX tracks your heart beats per minute and uses this heart rate data to compute your calorie burn rate. Over time you can work out the best heart rate “zone” to work within for the best calorie burn rate for you.
Features and Specifications
- The Garmin Forerunner 405CX is loaded with training features.
- It can continuously record your time, your distance, your pace, your calories burned and your heart rate.
- It has advanced training features such as Forerunner’s Virtual Partner.
- It has a flexible wireless heart rate monitor.
- It allows you to share your locations.
- You can also share your advanced workouts and courses with other Forerunner 405CX users through wireless technology.
- It can transfer data, such as logged miles, to your computer if it is within using the innovative ANT+ wireless technology.
- It uses 1 lithium ion battery (not included).
- It measures 1.9 inches by 0.6 inches by 2.8 inches.
- It has a weight of 1.6 ounces.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 2 pounds.
- At the time of writing it can only be shipped through Amazon within the USA.
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are 204 customer reviews for the Garmin Forerunner 405CX on Amazon at the time of writing. They have scored this product at a respectable 3.9 out of 5 stars on average.
One or two customers complained about unreliable software and an unstable web site provided by Garmin. This can make data transfer difficult at times. However, others didn’t mention this so it may be an intermittent thing, and besides, these are factors that are subject to upgrading over time, so improvement is highly likely. Other customer comments include, “I would recommend this product,” “I am very satisfied with this product,” and, “It is accurate and fun to use.” I therefore have no problem recommending the Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor.Click here to get the best price for Garmin 405CX